Roasted Turmeric Cauliflower Pilaf
This is a perfect colorful recipe that can be used as a main course or a side dish. It's great at room temp, making it a wonderful picnic or potluck item. For a low carb version replace the rice with spiralized zucchini.
Roasted Turmeric Cauliflower with Basmati Rice and Cilantro + Mint
Yield: 3 servings
- 1 large head of cauliflower (or 2 small ones), cut into bite size florets
- 3 tablespoons refined coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Pinch chili flakes
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 bunch mint
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup dry basmati rice, cooked according to package directions
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Pre-heat oven to 425.
- Toss cauliflower with oil, turmeric, cumin, salt and chili flakes. Place on a rimmed parchment paper lined baking sheet. *Separate into two baking sheets if need be so the cauliflower isn't clumped together.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until crispy, being sure to stir every 20 minutes or so to prevent burning.
- Place rice on the bottom of a serving dish, pour over cauliflower, garnish with cilantro, mint, pomegranate seeds and pine nuts. Serve warm or room temperature.